Neil Moffat is a professional member of the Drystone Walling Association (DSWA) with over 20 years drystone dyking experience. Neil is also a qualified training instructor and holds regular training courses and special feature workshops within the Scottish Borders. All of Neil’s courses are covered by Public Liability Insurance.
Neil offers the following Courses and Workshops:-
- A 2 Day ‘Beginners Stage 1’ Training Course for those wanting to grasp the basic techniques of drystone dyking.
- A 1 day ‘Workshop’ for those interested in building or restoring their own drystone dykes/garden walls/retaining walls and raised beds.
Note: you must have completed Beginners Stage 1 before undertaking a 1 day workshop.
Training Course/Workshop Dates for 2019, Selkirk, Scottish Borders
- Beginners Course: Is a two day Training Course for those trainees with no drystone dyking experience.
- 1 Day Beginners Course: is a one day course for those trainees with no drystone dyking experience.
- Workshops: They are a one day Course designed especially for those trainees who would either like to take part in a short workshop of drystone dyking or those trainees who have already participated in the beginners course and would like to do the Low Retaining Wall Workshop. If you are interested in attending a workshop please get in touch.
- Refresher Courses: Are available for anyone who has completed Drystone Dyking Courses in the past and would like a refresher on a specific area of dyking, brush up skills etc. These Courses are available from half days to full days depending upon the tuition required. Please contact Neil direct to discuss.
- Private Group Courses: Are available on request, please contact Neil if you have a specific requirement.
How to Book
- Please complete the online enquiry form or telephone Neil to check availability for the course you would like to attend.
- If there is availability, a place will be held for you for 7 days until you have completed and sent back the booking form along with payment.
- Once the booking form and payment has been received a confirmation email will be sent to you.
- Gift Vouchers are also available for those wishing to give as a gift.
- For this course you will require warm waterproof clothing, stout outdoor footwear and work gloves. Ideally this should be inexpensive work wear. Steel toe capped boots or other safety footwear is essential.
- Trainees are required to bring a packed lunch and suitable refreshments.
- All tools, protective eyewear and materials will be provided.
- All of Neil Moffat’s Courses are covered by Public Liability Insurance, however if you participate in these training courses, you do so at your own risk.